NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. ENTRANTS WHO ARE NOT OF LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE ("MINOR") MUST HAVE THEIR PARENTS' OR LEGAL GUARDIANS' ("PARENT") CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND SUCH ENTRY WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY THE PARENT.
GRAND PRIZE IS TWO (2) TICKETS TO ATTEND THE PALEYFEST LA SUPERGIRL EVENT AT THE PALEY CENTER LOCATED AT THE DOLBY THEATRE, 6801 HOLLYWOOD BLVD., HOLLYWOOD CA 90028. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND GUEST MUST (I) BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE PALEY CENTER AT 7PM ON MARCH 13, 2016 AND (II) BE AVAILABE TO PICK UP THE TICKETS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE AT THE DOLBY THEATER WILL CALL DESK BY NO LATER THAN 6 PM PT ON MARCH 13, 2016. GRAND PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL OR LODGING AND IS SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS*
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING) IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS VERIFY THAT THEY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CONTRACT INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU, A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER. A TWITTER ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
1. SPONSOR: DC Entertainment, 2900 W. Alameda Ave., Burbank, California 91505 (“Sponsor”). “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Sponsor, its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is (1) open to legal residents in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, and who are registered members, in good standing, of Twitter.com (“Twitter”); (2) void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (3) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entrants who are not of the legal age of majority in their state (“Minor”) must have their parents’ or legal guardians’ (“Parent”) consent to participate in the Sweepstakes and such entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Parent. Employees of DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., CBS Corporation, The Paley Center, and organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the television series, SUPERGIRL, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
3. Dates of Entry: This Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Thursday, February 25, 2016 and ends at 9:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday, March 2, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: Access your Twitter account. During the Sweepstakes Period, follow @DCCOMICS and send a tweet containing the hashtag #SGPaley with your favorite Supergirl moment from the series. Hashtag is not case-senstive. All use of the word “tweet” (as used in conjunction with entries made via Twitter as per this section) including the accompanying comment (tweet) as well.
By submitting a tweet along with the hashtag #SGPaley and @DCComics, you are indicating that you have read, understood, and fully agree to these Official Rules. Do not submit a tweet without first reviewing these Official Rules.
Your tweet along with the hashtag #SGPaley and @DCComics will constitute your entry into this Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g. twetting @DCComics without the hashtag #SGPaley; tweeting #SGPaley without @DCComics will not be accepted.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. You may only use one (1) Twitter account to participate in the Sweepstakes. All Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available on the Twitter Web site. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account.
If you opt to access Twitter via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You should contact your wireless carrier for more information about your service agreement, messaging rate plan and other charges.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at Web site (as defined below) does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Entries must be manually key-stroked by entrant. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
Potential winner will be selected on or about March 4, 2016 via a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period according to Sponsor’s time clock by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winner”). Entrants need not be online during Potential Winner selection to win. Each Potential Winner will be notified from Sponsor’s direct e-mail account on Twitter to the Potential Winner’s account of the winning entry (“Prize Notification”). You must follow @DCComics on Twitter to be notified. Either Potential Winner, or if Potential Winner is an eligible minor, a parent or legal guardian of Potential Winner, must provide by Twitter direct e-mail within three days of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline”), his/her full name, date of birth, and any additional information (“Information”). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Potential Winners (or their Parent if Potential Winner is a Minor) may be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 form. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information and if required by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, Sponsor shall declare that Potential Winner is a winner (“Winner”). If an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, and W-9 form are not required by Sponsor, which shall be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Potential Winner will be named as a Winner upon Sponsor’s receipt of the Information via email by the Deadline. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of delivery of the Prize Notification through use of Twitter’s response functionality described in this Section 5. Return of any Prize Notification or Prizes will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 5 until a qualified Winner has been selected, if time permits. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) grand prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner") will receive the following:
- Two (2) PaleyFest LA tickets* to see SUPERGIRL cast at The Paley Center located at The Dolby Theatre, 6801 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood California 90028 on March 13, 2016 at 7pm.
*See additional prize conditions under Section 7, below.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for each ticket: $50.00
Total ARV for the Grand Prize: $100.00
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Grand Prize will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Grand Prize is subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. To claim the Grand Prize, an Entrant may be required to provide their correct full-name, mailing address, telephone number and/or e-mail address. The Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Grand Prize are at Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such prize. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
*Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Travel (air or ground) to the Paley Center; (2) lodging; and any other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize are solely the responsibility of Winner. If one of the ticket holders is a Minor, the other ticket holder must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner and guest must (i) be available to attend The Paley Center at 7pm PT on March 13, 2016 and (ii) be available to pick up the tickets at The Paley Center by no later than 6 PM PT on March 13, 2016.
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize. Any additional expenses not included in the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or Twitter’s Web site (“Web site”), and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries in a random drawing received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
14. PUBLICITY: By accepting the Prize, unless prohibited by law, Winner consents that Sponsor may use the Winner’s name, statements, photograph, likeness (including without limitation, his/her voice, biographical information, city and state of residence), the Winner’s hometown and biographical information, statements concerning the Sweepstakes, or Sponsors’ products without further compensation or notice for purpose of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion, and merchandising purposes without additional compensation or prior approval, and grant all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright it.
15. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “PaleyFest LA: SUPERGIRL Event Sweepstakes”, Winner's List/Official Rules, c/o DC Entertainment, 2900 W. Alameda Ave., Burbank, California 91505 to be received no later than March 30, 2016.